WAREHOUSE HAZARD AWARENESS AND PREVENTION | GTA
- Storage and Racking Systems
- lift trucks damaging the racks or causing the unit to collapse;
- material falling due to improper installation or floor vibration.
- Loading and Unloading Areas
- pinning between forklifts or between the loading dock and trailer;
- being struck by falling items, dock plates or the truck itself.
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- slippery surfaces including oil or grease and snow or ice;
- changes in walkway levels, slopes, unsecured mats, items stored in walkways;
- poor lighting, trailing cables in walkways, smoke, steam or dust obscuring view.
So, what exactly does the Ministry look for during inspections?
Cars are much like your doors and docks. Parts must be inspected, lubricated, adjusted, tested and replaced (if necessary) in order to function properly.
For example, this loading dock has been significantly damaged due to lack of maintenance.