Have you noticed stains or damage due to harsh weather conditions?
Does your door look obsolete compared to the latest models?
TIP #1 Get your door's proper measurement.
Although it seems obvious, many still purchase the wrong door size for their house. Use the old door as a template to get the correct measurements and replace the new door in the existing door jamb. Important elements in your door include:
- Height and width of your door
- Door jamb: take note of the spaces you need to spare for the hinges
- Exterior opening: including the overall exterior casing
- Approximate opening width: varies depending on the type of door
- Are you renovating or changing your house style?
Pick a door that will match the overall aura. For example, if you are going for a modern look, a sliding glass door would be better suited than a wooden door.
- Are you replacing a broken door?
Choose the same design you previously had with higher quality and more durability. It's okay to choose a new brand as long as you keep within your budget.
TIP #4 Recycle your old door.
TIP #5 Use an experienced contractor.